Update July 2021

Gees this is a tough post to write, but the new extended Covid regulations have put the running of the first of the Feral Race series, the Merrell #Eden Feral Duo24, in jeopardy. For many reasons we have decided to postpone the race to 2022. We are super bleak about the situation, but have just had to make a call. We organise these Feral races because we are passionate about the sport and for no other reason.

It’s been a hard decision, but this is the main reason why:

The race route runs through a series of complex government land owners. Dept of Forestry, SAN Parks, Cape Nature etc. All have been amazing and have given permission (in principle) to use their property, but will not sign off until the Covid restrictions move back to level 2 or even level 3 with certain restrictions relaxed. Only once I get full and final approval, from these land owners, can we apply for the final JOC approval from the George municipality. With Level 4 lasting till at least the end of July, there is simply not enough time.

We don’t want to be indecisive and keep people hanging and then be forced to cancel at the last minute.

Our decision is to move it forward to 2022. All deposits still remain and your places are secured. We hope that you will still be able to do the race.

You also have the opportunity to transfer your entry to the Wild Coast Feral Duo24 from 15-17 October 21. Based at Morgan Bay. It’s going to be a phenomenal race. Please contact us via email if you want to do this info@feralduo24.co.za.

The Fairy Knowe Hotel have also agreed to move all bookings to next year and refund those who would like a refund. Thanks guys that is amazing!

If there are any other queries, please contact us at the email above.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Peter Van Kets